Direct School Admission (DSA) 2021
- Concert Band and
- Community Youth Leadership - Student leaders are welcome to apply for admission through this category
Admission Criteria for DSA Categories
Sports & Games
· Volleyball (Girls)
(i) Represented school in:
• Zonal inter-school competitions or
• Have track record of achievements in external competitions.
· Concert Band
(i) Represented school in
• Singapore Youth Festival Presentation or
• Similar band competitions locally/overseas
(ii) Participated at public performances or
(iii) Obtained relevant qualifications from accredited Music Examinations.
· Community Youth Leadership
(i) Held leadership position within CCA or student body (i.e. Prefects, VIA Ambassadors, etc.) or
(ii) Have experience in organising school events or led as team leaders for community service or VIA projects.
· Have had conduct of at least Very Good’ in Pri 5 and 6 in the holistic report
All shortlisted applicants are required to attend an interview or a trial/audition for the final selection with the prevailing Safe Measures Management put in place.
Please go to www.moe.gov.sg/dsa for DSA-SEC Portal
Schedule for DSA Exercise
· MOE DSA-Sec Portal opens
5th May – 1st June
· Selection of short-listed applicants
28th June – 13 Sep
Modes of selection for
(1) Wushu & (2)Volleyball (Girls)
- Recordings (NSG or CCA sessions) & E-interview.
NB : Performance tasks are only required if the above is unavailable.
(3) Concert Band
- Performance Tasks & E-interview
(4) Community Youth Leadership
- E-interview & Inputs from applicants’ school
The school will schedule sessions as follows
i) 1.30pm – 2.00pm
ii) 2.15pm – 2.45pm
iii) 3.00pm = 3.30pm
iv) 3.45pm – 4.15pm
This will depends on the arrangement between the POCs of applicants’ primary schools and Yuying Secondary School.
· Notification of Outcomes